Making these personalized Hot Chocolate Wedding Favors was one of my favourite DIY projects that I did for my wedding.
I was looking for a unique favor for my wedding guests that was not commonly done.
I noticed this amazing little craft that did not cost much to make (other than time) but had a high value associated with it.
I’ve been in stores where they have sold these for $5-$6 each!
This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission at no additional cost to you. To learn more about affiliate links, click here.
Here is how I did it:
What to purchase:
- A large container of hot chocolate (I prefer Carnation Hot Chocolate)
- Large package of mini-marshmallows
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips (regular size or miniature)
- Clear cone bags
- Ribbon of your choice
- Round labels (optional)
- 1/2 cup of hot chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of marshmallows
- Take the clear cone bags and fill them with 1/2 cup of hot chocolate powder. I used individual measuring cups for this as it made it easier to scoop.
- Once you fill the cone bags, you will need to cut off excess plastic and then tie it closed with ribbon and cut off any excess cellophane or ribbon.
- Next, place the small hot chocolate cone in another clear cone bag. The reason we do this is so the hot chocolate powder does not leak onto the marshmallows or chocolate chips. It leaves a clean looking gift for your guests.
- Once you place the smaller hot chocolate bag into the larger one you can now scoop in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Finally, add 1/4 cup of marshmallows on top of the chocolate chips.
- Finish it off by tying the hot chocolate cone with a decorative ribbon. I use a double knot so they are sealed tight.
- Optional: It’s up to you if you would like to make them fancy by decorating with different ribbon on adding a personalized sticker as we did for a final touch.
These cute little wedding favors were gone quickly with very few of them left behind at the end of the night.
If you don’t use them all up, they make great gifts for those who helped you on your big day.
The best part of this wedding favor is that we received messages and pictures months after our wedding from friends and family enjoying the hot chocolate favors we gifted.
It was nice to connect with friends and family after the wedding to know that they did enjoy the wedding favors.
*Please note that there are variations of this recipe online. I selected these measurements to keep costs down but you can use different measurements if you wish.